03 May 2010




First and foremost, just for the record, I have the cutest nephews in the world, here is one of them. There, now its official.


This past weekend I was home in Jönköping celebrating my sisters birthday and the first of May. The First of May is a bank holiday in Sweden but since it was on a saturday this year it didnt make much of a difference. But I went up early and met my Uncle Lars, Aunt Sonja, Mari and Kristina in the city park and we listened to a men's choir and a "spring speach" and then we sang the Swedish National Anthem to welcome the Spring. It was as wonderful as always, only a trifle cold.

Hanna's, my sister, birthday party was themed "wig" so here we are, Mirri, Hanna and me. We had a lot of fun but Wigs itch and are very warm so they didnt stay on for very long.


Last weekend I went to they Royal Capital Stockholm for a wedding but I also took the time to deepen my appreciation for some of the Swedish traditions. On the picture here you can see my best friend at work. Yes, she is playing the horn while riding a horse. This was at the changing of guards at the Royal Castle. Sweden is one of the few countries that still has the riding musicians in the cavalry. I think Alice is pretty cool, and this is what she does for a living!!
Being all inspired after seeing this performance we went to the castle treasury for a guided tour. That was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life, I never thought that a guided tour in the dungeons of a castle could be so much fun but I think most of it had to do with a very eccentric tour guide:)


No comments:

Post a Comment