14 November 2010

My Father


Today is Fathers-day in Sweden so I thought I'd write down a few lines about mine.
When I tell people about my dad I always say that I am his favorite daughter. He has never said that and I don't think he ever will but I feel like his favorite in the way he treats me.
I love how when I have a problem and comes to him for council that he doesn't tell me what to do, but guides me in how to know what to do.
I love that even thought he sits in an important meeting he takes the time to leave it in order to give me a hug and help me with something that is important to me.
I love how he calls me when one of my brothers or sisters is not feeling ok, and asks me to call them, because i feel needed
I love our deep gospel discussions, I can always come to him when I have a question about the scriptures or service in the church.
I love how he always puts my mom first in the family.
I love how he puts the Lord first in his life.
I love the fact that if I am out one night he always makes sure I am home safely.
I love it when someone comes to pick me up to take me somewhere he tells the driver to drive safely because there is precious cargo.
I love how people come up to me and ask if I am my fathers daughter.
I love that I am his daughter. I am so grateful for everything he does for me, I could not have asked for a better father. Now you know.

1 comment: