06 March 2011

Jazz-game

Yesterday was a nice day. I cleaned my room, did my laundry and tried to get ahead of things I have not had time to d this week. The evening was different though. Rick took me to a Jazz-game. Apparently the Jazz are not doing so well at the moment. Their coach and assistant coach resigned a couple of weeks ago and then shortly after they traded their best player. I think they have lost like 7 games in a row.

This game was against Sacramento, Kings. They are, what I hear, not a very good team so it really should have been a piece of cake but it wasn't. The first two quarters were very slow and very flat. But the second two were a little bit better. The last one was the best because it was so close and it even went to overtime and the Jazz won.

It was fun to see a basketball game, I don't know all the rules and Rick had to explain a few things but what I thought was the most interesting was the culture around the game.

First of all they have a bear running around telling everyone to yell, stomp their feet, or clap their hands. He also threw out treats and you should have seen the people when there was something thrown out, some people got crazy!

Second, they have cheerleaders. I don't know, I've never really appreciated cheerleading. I think it is kind of demeaning for the girls to dans down their and toss their hair back and forth. They were good at what they did though no question about it.

Third. They filmed the public during the time-outs and people started dancing like crazy, I kind of hope they were drunk because I don't ever think anyone would dance like that sober... I think....

But...It was a pleasant experience. I mean, I study International Relations and a key to build those relations is to know the different cultures and traditions each state has...sort of... So I learned a few tricks at the game in how to make the American people do what I want. All I need is a bear or similar, a few girls tossing their hair and a film-camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment