14 September 2010

like in a book...




You know those books you read about a little cozy shop with a eccentric shop owner who knows her customers and affect their lives. Well, last Saturday I found a shop just like that. I was in town with my sister Becca to find a bag that would fit my computer. When it comes to bags I am very picky...bags and shoes! Anyways.. so I
found this bag, it was a Lacoste bag and was leaning quite heavily towards the expensive side...but so far it was the best and I kind of had decided to buy it. Then all of a sudden I saw the most beautiful coat in a window and decided to go in there and try it on. As we walked in I realized it was somewhat an older ladies store...The shop owner came up to us and told us to let us to let her know when we needed help and that it was a discount on all the bags. I looked at bags and I found a perfect one..well.. it would have been more perfect if it was black but never mind. The Shop owner praised the bag and said it was a good choice, she called my sister madame (in Swedish no one says that unless the very refined people) I told her I wanted to try on the coat as well and as I tried it on she came out and exclaimed: That is adorable! you look like a doll! That color is perfect on you..I told her it is my favorite color and she said we were kindred spirits because it was her favorite too.Anyways I decided to buy the coat...partly because the lady was so sweet..and because I loved it! As I tried on the coat and as I was waiting to pay I heard how Sivan was giving complements to her customers and how some customers asked for her opinion and her way was so..what word should I use...Delightful! When I had signed the receipt with a pink pen she said: I want to give you this pen, its not every day that you meet a kindred spirit and perhaps you will be like me when you are old. I told her I would look forward to be like her. As I walked out of the shop I was so happy, it was joy.. I could almost cry. I will probably not go back there to buy clothes...but I will definitely go back there to soak in the atmosphere!

1 comment: