21 February 2011

Beautiful Sunday!

On sundays I go to church and this sunday was the first one in a new ward. Erica had arranged for her Brooke to pick me up and that was really nice so that I did not have to come to church the first time alone. The ward is a singles ward and had the sacrament meeting first. It is wonderful to have the church and it is the same all over the world and I felt very much a home.

My favorite part of church yesterday was relief society. It was such a good spirit and I felt that even though I might be older than many of the girls there I still would fit in.
During the meetings they announced that there was going to be two firesides that evening but didnt really say what they were and on relief society they announced that one of them was with Sister Heidi Swinton! that is my mission mom! I dont know why I thought it but I though: Oh I wont go, she wont have time to talk to me anyways and Ive heard here speak so many times...(I am ashamed to say that I thought it) However when I came home and have dinner with the most awesome Austin's in the world they thought that I should go so I called Brooke again and asked if I could go with her. She and her sister Amber came to pick me up 10 minutes later.

I am so happy I went, the things sister Swinton said and the feelings and impressions I had were wonderful! When it was over I went up to the stand, Sister Swinton was speaking to someone but President Swinton (her husband, my mission president) was not talking to anyone so I tugged a little on his sleeve and he turned around and it took a few seconds before he realized it was me and then I got a big hug! we spoke about my internship and about upcoming mission events, then I introduced Brooke and Amber as my friends and he spoke very nice things about me, then sister Swinton was available and I got the biggest hug from her, we spoke about her talk, about my internship and just anything and she gave me a kiss on the cheek and told me to call her so we could have lunch. President and Sister Swinton are two of the most amazing people I know. I love them with all my heart and I am so grateful that I got to serve in their mission.

It doesn't end there, after I had talked to them I went over to talk to Sheri Dew, I was companions with her niece Megan and I needed her phone-number. So the fact that I went to the fireside made it possible to meet some people who have inspired me so much and made it possible to reconnect with friends that can make this american stay even better than it already is.

Now I have to run off..I am going to the movies with Kathy. Tomorrow the internship starts for real...I will let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. Gott to heara thissa najsa things you been experienced. Good things happends to good people¨. John H

    ReplyDelete