18 February 2011

I crossed the pond

So, I am now in the United States of America. I got here yesterday after a long plane ride. I flew from Landvetter Gothenburg at 7 am and landed 16 hours later in Salt Lake City Utah with a quick stop in Utah. As I was going through customs and passport control here in SLC I had to stand in line for almost 2 hours and when it was finally my turn they said something was wrong with my fingerprints so I had to come and sit in a room and wait for my entrance in the US to be ok:ed. By this time I was so tired I could cry but I didnt but held my head high and ut seemed like there really wasnt a problem at all..I guess someone else just needed to look at my papers...it was very weird I must say.

But now I am here, I went to bed early and woke up at 2 am and was wide awake, Ive never had a jet lag coming this way before but now I know what it feels like. Eventually I fell asleep again and woke up with a beautiful view of the snow-covered mountains and the sun shining through my windows- A great feeling.

On my first day in the US I went to the courthouse and met with the judge and his law clerks. I think this internship will be very rewarding and I am certain I will learn alot. The people I will work with seem really nice!!

After that meeting I went to lunch with my adopted family, the Austen's, at Cheescake factory. I was so full afterwards I vowed never to eat that much again because if I do my clothes wont fit me for very long.
After lunch we went to get some things that I stood in need of such as a new wallet that fits american dollars and a Calvin Klein bag... I also got a phone that I will try to activate when Im done here.. So that has been my first day, it is 6.30 pm here and I am about ready to go to bed.. but I will not..

I just want to say that life never really turns out the way we plan it but if we live in a way that allows us to be in tune with Gods will things will, most certain, turn out for the best. I think this will be a good spring.

1 comment:

  1. Lycka till i det stora landet. Jag kommer sakna dig men är övertygad om att du är på rätt ställe just nu. kram

    ReplyDelete